Specialists in Musician & Singers Insurance

We understand the Entertainment Industry and your equipment and have a cost effective and comprehensive policy available to all musicians.

Musicians & Singers Insurance

We understand the Entertainment Industry and your equipment and have a cost effective and comprehensive policy available to all musicians.

The policy provides cover for

Accidental loss and damage of the equipment

Theft cover

Transit cover

New for old replacement (subject to the sum insured)

Worldwide cover

For all entertainment industries including



Teachers and Students

Pub Bands

Brass Bands

Recording Artists



What We Insure?

We have a policy that provides Accidental Loss or Damage cover to musician’s equipment and instruments, anywhere in the World.

From students learning music to bands of all sizes, in fact, anyone involved in Music and Entertainment can be insured under this policy.

Accidental loss or Damage cover

Theft cover

Hire cover following a claim

Worldwide cover

All equipment covered including computers and studio

Competitive rates

Professional musicians may also be required to carry Public Liability Insurance when appearing at many venues. We also have a Public Liability policy for Musicians, Singers and Entertainers that covers injuries to people or damage to their property.

Call us on 1300 733 476 and we will help you get your cover organised.

*All applications subject to acceptance by the Underwriter

Frequently asked questions

Below are the common questions customers ask us.

There are two types of insurance a musician might need: Public Liability and Equipment Insurance. Public Liability covers you in the event of third-party property damage and/or bodily injury arising from your negligence and in connection with your business activities. Equipment Insurance may cover accidental loss, damage, and theft of your own musical equipment.

We always recommend insuring your equipment particularly if it would be cost-prohibitive to replace or if you use them on a regular basis. If you depend on your instrument to make a living, you should strongly consider equipment insurance.

Yes, but there usually limitations and lower limits. While your Home and Contents Insurance provides coverage for personal property including musical equipment whilst inside your Home, there may be exclusions or limitations whilst they are in use. Also, the sub-limit for musical instruments under home insurance is likely to be insufficient for professional musical instruments that have a high replacement cost.

If you are considering a Specialist Musical Equipment Insurer then you should be looking at a Policy that will cover the current replacement or valuation cost.

This will depend on whether your instruments are covered by a Home Contents Policy or by a specialist Musical Equipment Policy. If you have specific cover requirements it is always a good idea to speak with the Insurer or your Broker to ensure the Policy is right for your needs.

Even if the venue has insurance, you’ll still want to get your own. The venue may have its own Public Liability insurance in place, but it will unlikely cover third parties or performers. Some venues might also make it a requirement; so if you’re looking at securing a gig, ensure you’ve got the necessary insurance in place.

You could be covered if you work overseas. Policies differ and not all premiums will protect you if you’ve got a gig abroad. Your best bet is to contact the team and they will be able to guide you through options that will best suit your needs.

If you have Equipment Insurance, your instrument may be covered even when lent. Policies, terms, and excess limits can vary depending on the cover you choose. If lending is a frequent occurrence and you’d like to ensure your cover is adequate, don’t hesitate to reach out to the team.

Yes, as a band you should consider covering both your equipment as well as obtaining Public Liability for when you perform. Equipment insurance can cover your equipment whilst it is in transit which is important if you are on the road doing a tour.

Quick Quote

Step 1: Please specify the amount you would like to insure and the state where your equipment is stored.